Legend has it that wearing green makes you invisible to leprechauns — which means wearing (and drinking… and smoking..) green things means you won’t get pinched on St Patrick’s Day!
We’re glad that there’s at least one patron saint in this world who doesn’t mind everybody getting absolutely plastered in their honour. And in honour of that, we’ve created these two green canna cocktails for you to mix up and sip on St Patrick’s Day.
Plus, aside from 4/20, St Patrick’s Day is the greenest day of the year. Cannabis, shamrocks, leprechauns, and green cocktails make up the majority of St Patrick’s Day. So get your friends together and celebrate the colour green with these two cannabis-infused green cocktails.
Disclaimer: Please remember that cannabis and alcohol potentiate each other! When you’re drinking and consuming cannabis at the same time, you should consume less of both. Consume responsibly!
1. Creamy Baileys Cannabis Grasshopper.
Following on from the disclaimer we just gave, this is a really strong cocktail. There’s no water or juice or anything happening in this cocktail, but the colour is divine. And it’s the perfect cannabis-infused beverage to enjoy with friends on St Patrick’s Day.
You’ll need to head to the liquor store for some very important ingredients:
- Creme de menthe (green)
- Creme de cacao (white)
- Bailey’s Irish Creme
- A piece of fresh mint to garnish
Creme de menthe is a mint liqueur that’s available in green and white; be sure to choose the green version so that your grasshopper is bright green.
Creme de cacao is a chocolate flavoured liqueur that’s available in brown or white; be sure to choose the white version so that the drink maintains its funky green colour.
Finally, Bailey’s makes the entire recipe all the more Irish. But we also understand if you want to bring the alcohol content down. You can replace Bailey’s with milk, cream, or half and half to reduce the alcohol content.
When it comes to cannabis, we recommend that you keep the dose very light, in the vicinity of 5-10mg. Given the alcohol content in this beverage, only a small amount of cannabis is necessary to get all the feels.
We recommend using Halley’s Comet 500mg 1:1 CBD:THC Tincture. It’s all together energizing, balanced, and euphoric, adding just the right touch to the Baileys Grasshopper.
You will need:
- ½ ml Halley’s Comet 500mg 1:1 CBD:THC Tincture
- 1 shot (30ml) creme de menthe (green)
- 1 shot (30ml) creme de cacao (white)
- 1 shot (30ml) Bailey’s Irish Creme
- Put all the ingredients in a shaker with some ice. If you don’t have a shaker, you can mix it really vigorously in a glass.
- Pour into a glass.
- Top with a couple of fresh mint leaves
2. Stoned Leprechaun Cocktail.
The Stoned Leprechaun Cocktail is another brightly coloured cocktail for your St Patrick’s Day celebration. Unlike the Grasshopper recipe above, the Stoned Leprechaun is a little more chill as it’s diluted with orange and pineapple juice. It’s fruity and delicious, and easy to sip on throughout the party.
Needless to say, we highly recommend using a cannabis product that enhances and complements the fruity taste of this cocktail. Twisted Extracts’ 300mg Sativa 1:1 Orange Flavoured Drops are a good choice, otherwise a very small amount of Blue Dream Hybrid Distillate goes a long way to add hints of berry.
If you choose to add Blue Dream Hybrid Distillate as your cannabis component, be very careful not to add too much. Its flavour is delicious but it’s also a very potent cannabis product and you don’t want to accidentally take too much.
Making the Stoned Leprechaun is easy but it packs a serious punch, so be prepared! A way to tame down the cocktail is to use this recipe but prepare it for two people. Top up each glass with pineapple or orange juice to fill out the glass, but that way each glass contains half the dose of alcohol and cannabis!
You will need:
- 1-2ml of Twisted Extracts’ 300mg Sativa 1:1 Orange Flavoured Drops or a very small serve of Blue Dream Hybrid Distillate.
- 1 shot (30 ml) of blue curacao
- 1 shot (30ml) vodka
- 1 shot (30 ml) peach shnapps
- 1 shot (30 ml) orange juice
- 1 shot (30ml) pineapple juice
- A slice of orange and a cherry to garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker with some ice except for the Blue Dream Distillate. This should be added at the end for precision. If you're using the drops, you can add them at the beginning.
- Shake and pour into a glass with fresh ice.
- If you're using Blue Dream Distillate, add it now.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry.
Remember — cannabis is for sharing! Enjoy a cocktail this St Patrick's Day with friends, a lover, a family member, or someone close! And remember to enjoy cannabis and alcohol responsibly. Happy St Patrick's Day!