Friends with Benefits™ Program.
Military/first responder, health care worker, and palliative patient discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions ?
We offer a 20% discount to active and reservist military members and their spouses, veterans, active emergency first responders, nurses, doctors and support workers who are working in hospitals, acute care facilities and long-term care facilities, and palliative care patients and other patients with serious conditions.
A valid government ID and proof of status must be shown prior to your purchase.
These programs are subject to change.
Help and FAQs.
Who is a first responder / health care worker?
We verify the following occupational titles as Medical Providers:
- Physician Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Clinical Counselor, Psychologist or Therapist
- Clinical Technician (ex: Pharmacy Technician, Dialysis Technician, Laboratory Technician, etc.)
- Diagnostic Medical Personnel
- Registered Dietitian
- Respiratory Therapist
- Physical or occupational therapist
- Physical or occupational therapy assistant
- Licensed clinical social worker
We can verify the following occupational titles as Nurse:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Practical Nurse
- Professional Nurse
- Public Health Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Registered Professional Nurse
- Vocational Nurse
Also: Certified Nurse Aide, Clinical Nurse, Nurse Aide, Nursing Assistant, School Nurse, Home Health Nurse, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Travel Nurse
We can verify the following occupational titles as Firefighter:
- Career Firefighter (Federal, State, and Local)
- Wild-land firefighter/ Prescribed fire burn manager
- Volunteer Firefighter
- Fire Marshal
We can verify the following occupational titles as Emergency Medical Technician (EMT):
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Medical Helicopter Pilot
- Flight Nurse
Are family members included?
We offer this discount to active & reservist military spouses in Canada.
Can a qualifying participant use this discount to purchase items for family members or friends?
Active & reservist military members can purchase for their spouses. Otherwise, these discounts are for items for personal use only. These items cannot be gifted or resold.
Can this discount be applied to markdowns?
Yes, a 20% discount will be applied to the markdown price.
What qualifies as a valid ID to receive this discount?
Any valid government-issued ID that clearly indicates that someone is an active, reservist or veteran military member, a military spouse or an active first responder.
Or any Hospital/Acute Care Facility/Long Term Care facility ID that clearly identifies someone’s name and role in the facility.
Or proof of your condition.
What qualifies as a serious condition?
You qualify as having a serious condition if:
- You are diagnosed with a life-threatening illness or condition, or
- Have a life expectancy of up to 6 months
Still have questions?
We’ve got answers! Reach out to our team by hitting the chat bubble in the bottom right. ??
Who is a health care worker?
The prices and special offers shown are provided exclusively for firefighters, police, paramedics, EMTs, medical professional, nurses or other first responders registered to Samsung’s First Responder Discount Program with an email id verified by ID.me, and you agree to the terms on using an authentic email address registered under your name.